The Junior League of Morristown (JLM) is an organization of vibrant, talented women committed to giving back to their communities, advocating for change that improves the lives of New Jersey’s women and children, and making lasting social and professional connections. Our League, a 501(c)3 organization, is part of the Association of Junior Leagues International, which includes 292 Junior Leagues in the United States, Canada, Mexico and Great Britain and all of the members those leagues encompass, all working as catalysts for lasting change in their local communities.
Since its founding in 1936, the JLM has promoted voluntarism, developed the potential of women and helped to improve the Morris area community through the effective action and leadership of trained volunteers. Our current membership exceeds 300 provisional, active and sustaining members from Morris, Somerset, Union, Middlesex, Sussex, Essex, and Warren counties.
Currently, our volunteers are improving the community through the following initiatives:
- Children Making Healthy Choices – JLM’s signature project, Children Making Healthy Choices, in partnership with the Interfaith Food Pantry, is designed to address the burgeoning issue of childhood obesity
- Nearly New Shop – JLM's consignment store, the Nearly New Shop, is a resale and consignment store in the heart of Morristown serving the community for over 50 years
- Voluntarism Scholarship Program – JLM's Voluntarism Scholarship Program, which has awarded over 131 Scholarships totaling over $202,500 to High School Seniors and Women Moving Forward
- Community Partner Projects – Charitable events with over twenty community partners including Cornerstone Family Programs, Daytop Village, Jersey Battered Women’s Service, NJ Coalitional Against Human Trafficking, Hope House, The Morris Museum, and many more
We also have a busy slate of fun membership events and exciting fundraisers planned:
- New Member Wine & Cheese – Please come learn more about this incredible organization and talk to the women who make it work and can share their experiences!
- Annual Sustainer Luncheon – This annual event will be held at Morris County Golf Club on October 3 and provides our Sustaining members an opportunity to socialize and learn about current League topics and issues
- Off to the Races – Our new fall fundraiser will be held at the Kellogg Club’s Colles Mansion on October 17. Come in your cocktail party attire, bring your spouse/significant other and prepare to enjoy the evening Junior League style.
- JLM Holiday Party – A chance to get together with all members to relax and celebrate!
- 14th Annual Lunch with the Authors – Mark your calendars for this not-to-be-missed event being held on May 8 at Fiddler's Elbow Country club in Bedminster, NJ
- Run It – Now is its second year, Run It: A Family Fun Run & Fitness Event will be held May 16 Frelinghuysen Middle School, Lower Fields, Morris Township
As a member since 2004, I am so proud to be part of the Junior League of Morristown. This is truly a wonderful organization that does so much good for our local community. As you can see, we have another busy year for 2014-2015 planned. We encourage you join us!
If you have questions, comments or would like more information about the JLM, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 973-539-2266.
Sandy St. Jacques
The Junior League of Morristown