Prospective Member Event - Bring a Friend to the GMM
Please join the Junior League on September 9th, 2014 for a Wine and Cheese Event. Current league members will be there to share information and answer questions. It 's a great way to learn more about the Junior League of Morristown and opportunities to join and volunteer. The event is at 7pm at our headquarters, located at 7 King Place, Morristown, NJ.
If you are interested in learning more about Membership before enrolling, email firstname.lastname@example.org to receive an information packet by email, or plan to attend the upcoming General Membership Meeting. This meeting will provide insight into the JLM and the benefits of Membership.
Email for Information: email@example.com
New Member Application: click here
About the JLM - Benefits to Membership
The Junior League of Morristown is an organization of women with over 125 Active Members, and 200 Sustainers committed to promoting voluntarism, developing the potential of women, and improving the Morris area community through the effective action and leadership of trained volunteers. We welcome all women, with an interest in voluntarism, to join our New Member Class which begins each fall in September and runs concurrently with the JLM year through May. The New Member year involves a number of interesting and engaging activities, all designed to help you learn about JLM, and take your first steps towards becoming an effective volunteer. We also have a lot of fun along the way!
The JLM’s current community strategy focuses on:
- Working collaboratively with partners, such as the Interfaith Food Pantry, to help solve issues like childhood obesity
- Implementing short-term volunteer opportunities that target issues relating to the Morris Area community such as homelessness and domestic violence
- Advocating to influence public policy on critical issues relating to women, children and the environment
- Running the JLM’s resale and consignment shop, The Nearly New Shop
- And much more!
- An internal network of women encompassing varied backgrounds, education and talents. This strength of our membership offers you personal support for success throughout your involvement with our community. Your interaction with other women interested in community service will be invaluable.
- Development of leadership abilities and management skills not easily obtained elsewhere including training for effective community leadership, advocacy, community research, fundraising, finance, public relations, conflict resolution and personal development.
- Insight into community needs, access to community leaders and exposure to creative strategies in problem solving and administration of a non-profit organization.
- Membership in an international organization. The Association of Junior Leagues International, Inc. is an international network of 292 Junior Leagues in the United States, Canada, Mexico and Great Britain with 200,000 members worldwide.
- An opportunity to make lifelong friends and the ability to transfer membership to other Junior Leagues around the world.
- The power of voluntarism in the Morris area! For almost 75 years, the JLM has often been one of the first organizations to tackle our community's biggest challenges. Women building better communities - that's the Junior League!
New Member Application Form - Make a Difference in Your Local community Today!
There are two ways to enroll in the 2013-2014 New Member Class:
1. Download the New Member Application (PDF) and return by mail with check, click here
2. Or complete the New Member Application online and pay by credit card (online application coming soon!)