A Message from the Junior League of Morristown President 2014-2015
Welcome! Our League — the Junior League of Morristown (JLM) — is an organization of vibrant, talented women committed to giving back to their communities, advocating for change that improves the lives of New Jersey’s women and children, and making lasting social and professional connections. The JLM is a 501(c)3 organization, and is part of the Association of Junior Leagues International, which includes 292 Junior Leagues in the United States, Canada, Mexico and Great Britain and all of the members those leagues encompass, all working as catalysts for lasting change in their local communities.
Since its founding in 1936, the JLM has promoted voluntarism, developed the potential of women and helped to improve the Morris area community through the effective action and leadership of trained volunteers. Our current membership exceeds 300 provisional, active and sustaining members from Morris, Somerset, Union, Middlesex, Sussex, Essex, and Warren counties.
Currently, our volunteers are improving the community through the following initiatives:
- Children Making Healthy Choices – JLM’s signature project, Children Making Healthy Choices, is a community project in partnership with the Interfaith Food Pantry, and is designed to address the burgeoning issue of childhood obesity
- Nearly New Shop – JLM's consignment store, the Nearly New Shop, is a resale and consignment store in the heart of Morristown serving the community for over 50 years
- Voluntarism Scholarship Program – JLM's Voluntarism Scholarship Program, which has awarded over 131 Scholarships totaling over $202,500 to High School Seniors and Women Moving Forward
- Community Partner Projects – Charitable events with over twenty community partners including Cornerstone Family Programs, Daytop Village, Jersey Battered Women’s Service, NJ Coalitional Against Human Trafficking, Hope House, The Morris Museum, and many more
We also have a busy slate of fun membership events and exciting fundraisers planned:
- New Member Wine & Cheese – For those women interested in membership, please come to a Wine & Cheese event to learn more about this incredible organization and talk to the women who make it work and can share their experiences! For more information, click here
- Annual Sustainer Luncheon – For our Sustaining members, this annual event provides our members an opportunity to socialize and learn about current League topics and issues
- Off to the Races – Our fall fundraiser is a cocktail party and silent auction and will be held at the Kellogg Club’s Colles Mansion in Morristown on October 17. Open to the general public. For more information, click here
- JLM Holiday Party – For our Active and Sustaining members, the JLM Holiday Party is a chance to get together with all members and relax and celebrate our accomplishments!
- 14th Annual Lunch with the Authors – Our annual spring fundraiser is a luncheon and an opportunity to meet and hear from popular fiction authors. This event will be held at Fiddler's Elbow Country club in Bedminster on May 8. Open to the general public.
- Run It: A Family Fun Run & Fitness Event – This event will be held at Frelinghuysen Middle School, Lower Fields, Morris Township on May 16. Open to the general public.
As a member since 2004, I am so proud to be part of the Junior League of Morristown. This is truly a wonderful organization that does so much good for our local community. As you can see, we have another busy year for 2014-2015 planned. We encourage you join us!
If you have questions, comments or would like more information about the JLM, please contact us at email@example.com or 973-539-2266.
Sandy St. Jacques
The Junior League of Morristown