A Message from the Junior League of Morristown President 2015-2016
Happy 80th Anniversary to the Junior League of Morristown (JLM)!
It is my great honor and privilege to serve as President as we celebrate 80 years of outstanding leadership and community service in Morris County. Our dedication to our mission is stronger than ever thanks to the exceptional efforts of ALL our valued Active and Sustainer Members, and to our long legacy in our community.
The JLM is an inspiring group of women committed to promoting voluntarism, developing the potential of women, and improving our community through the effective action of trained leaders. We are looking forward to continued growth and success in the next 80 years of service!
Currently, our volunteers are improving the community through the following initiatives:
- Children Making Healthy Choices – JLM’s signature project, Children Making Healthy Choices, is a community project in partnership with the Interfaith Food Pantry, and is designed to address the issue of childhood obesity and food insecurity that our nation is facing.
- Voluntarism Scholarship Program – JLM's Voluntarism Scholarship Program, which has awarded over 128 Scholarships totaling over $200,500 to High School Seniors as well as Women Moving Forward.
- Community Partner Projects – Charitable events with over twenty community partners, including Cornerstone Family Programs, Daytop Village, Jersey Battered Women’s Service, NJ Coalitional Against Human Trafficking, Homeless Solutions, The Morris Museum, and many more.
We also have a busy calendar of engaging membership events and exciting fundraisers planned:
- New Member Wine & Cheese – For those women interested in membership, this event is a great way to learn more about this incredible organization and talk directly to the women who make it work! For more information, CLICK HERE
- Off to the Races – Our fall fundraiser is a cocktail party and silent auction and will be held at the Kellogg Club’s Colles Mansion in Morristown on Friday, October 16, 2015. Open to the general public. For more information, CLICK HERE
- 15th Annual Lunch with the Authors – Our annual spring fundraiser is an engaging luncheon and a special opportunity to meet and hear from popular fiction authors. This event will be held at Fiddler's Elbow Country club in Bedminster, NJ on Friday, May 6, 2016. Open to the general public. This event enjoys 15 consecutive years of tremendous success and we are very proud of what we have developed.
- Run It: A Family Fun Run & Fitness Event – This event will be held at Frelinghuysen Middle School, Lower Fields, Morris Township on Saturday, May 14, 2016. Open to the general public. This family friendly event helps bring families together and promotes health, well-being and fitness in our community! More info to come!
For Members Only:
- Annual Sustainer Luncheon – This annual event provides our Sustaining members an opportunity to socialize and learn about current League topics and issues. It is also our chance to thank and recognized these members for the lasting impact they have made on our community. At this year’s luncheon, we will kick off the celebration of our 80th Anniversary and ALL members are invited to attend! Please consider joining us on Saturday, September 19, 2015. CLICK HERE
- JLM Holiday Party – The JLM Holiday Party is a chance to get together with all members (Active and Sustaining) to celebrate our accomplishments! This year’s event will be held on Wednesday, December 2, 2015.
The 2015-2016 JLM year will most certainly be filled with many impactful projects, training opportunities, and community partnerships thanks to the tireless efforts of our membership, along with the continued support of our committed families and every friend of the JLM. It is this support that enables us to serve Morris County as…Women Building Better Communities!
If you are women over the age of 21 and are looking to make a difference in the community, consider joining the JLM. It is an opportunity to be trained in civic leadership as well as becoming connected with women who share a commitment to voluntarism and impacting the quality of life in Morris County. We encourage you join us!
If you have questions, comments or would like more information, please contact us at email@example.com or 973-539-2266.
Please continue to check in with us as we celebrate 80 years in our community!
The Junior League of Morristown