How to Join
Prospective Member Event - Wine and Cheese Reception, September 13, 2016.
If you are interested in learning more about Membership before enrolling, email firstname.lastname@example.org to receive an information packet by email, or plan to attend the upcoming Wine and Cheese Reception on September 13th at 7 King Place in Morristown. This meeting will provide insight into the JLM and the benefits of Membership. Please click here to download the flyer.
Email for Information: email@example.com
New Member Application: click here
About the JLM - Benefits to Membership
The Junior League of Morristown is an organization of women with over 75 Active Members, and 200 Sustainers committed to promoting voluntarism, developing the potential of women, and improving the Morris area community through the effective action and leadership of trained volunteers. We welcome all women, with an interest in voluntarism, to join our New Member Class which begins each fall in September and runs concurrently with the JLM year through May. The New Member year involves a number of interesting and engaging activities, all designed to help you learn about JLM, and take your first steps towards becoming an effective volunteer. We also have a lot of fun along the way!
The JLM’s current community strategy focuses on:
- Addressing the unmet needs of teens in Morris County and the surrounding area to ensure ample food, resources and education needed to develop and maintain a healthy lifestyle
- Working collaboratively with partners, such as the Interfaith Food Pantry, to help solve issues like childhood obesity
- Implementing short-term volunteer opportunities that target issues relating to the Morris Area community such as homelessness and domestic violence
- Advocating to influence public policy on critical issues relating to women, children and the environment
- And much more!
- An internal network of women encompassing varied backgrounds, education and talents. This strength of our membership offers you personal support for success throughout your involvement with our community. Your interaction with other women interested in community service will be invaluable.
- Development of leadership abilities and management skills not easily obtained elsewhere including training for effective community leadership, advocacy, community research, fundraising, finance, public relations, conflict resolution and personal development.
- Insight into community needs, access to community leaders and exposure to creative strategies in problem solving and administration of a non-profit organization.
- Membership in an international organization. The Association of Junior Leagues International, Inc. is an international organization of 291 Leagues comprised of over 150,000 women in Canada, Mexico, the U.K. and the U.S. engaged in similar work in their own communities.
- An opportunity to make lifelong friends and the ability to transfer membership to other Junior Leagues around the world.
- The power of voluntarism in the Morris area! For 80 years, the JLM has often been one of the first organizations to tackle our community's biggest challenges. Women building better communities - that's the Junior League!
New Member Application Form - Make a Difference in Your Local community Today!
Download the New Member Application (PDF) and return by mail with check, click here